Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Promoting One's Work

Wow, so excited. I have been so busy trying to figure out how to make sure people will know I have a book out there when I e-publish. With no big publishing house behind you when you e-publish; one has to self-promote.
I set up this blog and a website among other things. However, over the last few days I was very frustrated to see what came up when I Googled my name. So I've been spending a whole bunch of time trying to fix that and my website which yesterday did not come up at all in searches suddenly is at the top of the list when I google Harrie Farrow!
So good to see hard work pay off! It's a complicated world on the web, that's for sure - the learning curve is huge. But the cool thing is it can be done with more than a little perseverance. Here's one valuable tool.
Another helpful thing to do is go to your website or blog host help and search :  "Search engine optimization."
Good luck; if I can do it so can you.

2 comments:

  1. Self promotion is tough - but you seem to be getting a great start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. It's a whole job unto itself.

    ReplyDelete